- Christmas gift list - complete with name of person, store where to purchase, cost and if it has been completed or not
- Menu for this week - our week this week is as crazy as usual with a little added stress. Christmas is only a week away, my sister and her family get into town on Saturday, the kids have many activities including basketball and soccer, Christmas program rehearsals, work, etc. I need to have some level of sanity and knowing what we are having for dinner each night sure does help.
- Menu for next week - with family in town (sister and family arrive Saturday, Grandma arrives on Christmas Eve and Mom and Dad arrive on Christmas day) I need to make sure everyone is fed. Besides, those who know me well also know my love for entertaining. I love preparing nice meals and trying new things so I can't just "fly by the seat of my pants" on the menu.
- Grocery list - with all the menu items, it helps to know what I need to buy. The worst thing would be to run short on food. Honestly, what would that do to my reputation? There's always food in my house.
- Wish list - these are the items I would like to do to our house. I was hoping to get all 17 items done before Christmas, but I've come to the sad realization that it's not going to happen. We've had to prioritize and get done what we could. There are a couple of items I still plan to do before Saturday.
- To do list - with the impending company, there is the deep cleaning that needs to be done. This includes wiping down cabinets, dusting baseboards, etc.
So, as you can see, I keep my life organized with lists. I'm addicted. I get great satisfaction by marking things off of lists. I love that sense of accomplishment. Well, off to mark more off my to do list.
I just realized, I have one more list - my half marathon training. It's more of a schedule, but I get to mark things off, so it's still the same sense of accomplishment :)


4 comments:
I am a list maker, too! Must be because we're related:) I should start my lists. Luckily I saved my menu and goody list from last year. I have to run 12 miles this Saturday. In Tulsa. Not with the rest of my Angels. Yes, I'm pouting. It would help if I could hurry up on the run also because I need to be back at my in-laws soon so no one has to wait to open presents. I guess I can tell them I'll skip the shower if necessary!!
I have my lists going too, but I'll let you and Heather do my grocery shopping, meal planning, and cleaning for next week:) Thanks!
We're excited to see you in a couple of days!
Gee, thanks Mel.
We are so excited to see you all.
Honey, I did not realize that you had taken "list-making" from me! I am proud. I have found 2 or 3 gift lists since I got home--things have to be simple this year. I had a retina shot in rt. eye on Tues. and laser surgery in the same eye on Wed. I hope I am seeing well enough to strike the right keys! Being with you and enjoying family is FAR more important than is food. We want you to enjoy the time also. After the holidays is a good time to do cleaning anyway! Bet you will need it more then. Wish you could be at your folks for McReynolds celebration on Sunday. I am coming along--still in p.j.s at 3 p.m. and had a shower last evening while you mom was here. Wow! I have to do a bit of wrapping and a bunch of packing so better get with it! Love, Grandms
Post a Comment