Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

So, you know the biggest difference in costumes as children get older (especially girls)? I have now learned. Maryna's outfits used to consist of Disney characters, cute animals, etc and Garrett was always cute animals, clowns, etc. Now, Maryna looks for something cool and not girly and Garrett looks for something that requires the least amount of effort possible. So, what do you think they chose this year?? Not High School Musical 3 characters, not any adorable farm animals, not even a typical ghost or pumpkin. No, my son decided he wanted to be Homer Simpson because it required simply wearing a mask, white t-shirt and jeans. Maryna, my sweet girl, chose to be a DJ/rapper. Yes, I'm talking baggy clothes with boxer shorts hanging out of the pants, the large BLING (ring and necklace purchased by her father), baseball cap to the side, and the added bonus (which was free) - the I'm too cool to talk to anyone attitude. I must admit that I'm sad my kids are beyond looking "cute" for Halloween and want to just be cool. My how quickly they grow up. So, below are pictures of my 2 kids dressed in their Halloween garb.














Here is Homer Simpson






























And here is DJ Rapper

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I love their costumes! Love, Gma

Margaret Glyn said...

Thanks for sharing--and for the pictures. Yep, they are growing up! Can't wait to see all of you! Love, Gigi

Stefunkc said...

Crack me up!