Sunday, November 9, 2008

Updates

So, today was the day. Both my kids were baptized in this morning's service. What an absolutely emotional moment. Not only were both my kids being baptized, but my father-in-law was the one baptizing them. Then to add to the emotion, it was my Sunday to sing a special. So, needless to say, I struggled through the first verse slightly as I had to sing right after the kids were done. Anyways, it was a beautiful moment. Unfortunately I do not have a digital video camera, so I used our regular video camera to tape it (mainly so mom, dad and Gigi can watch when they come at Christmas).

Did you know it's only 18 days until Thanksgiving and 45 days until Christmas? Unbelievable!!! I must admit, though, that I'm so excited for Thanksgiving as it is my 2nd favorite holiday only to Christmas. If for no other reason than being with family, eating lots of food and watching football. I mean, really, does it get any better than that?

One other note of interest. I've decided to do something I don't ever think I even dreamed of doing. I'm going to run a half marathon in May. Can you believe it? I decided I needed a challenge beyond soccer and we have 2 half marathons in Indianapolis during the month of May. One is centered around the Indy 500, but it is always sold out way in advance. So last year, another one was created and the course takes you around Geist Reservoir (a really nice lake area). I'm really excited! We'll see how it goes. The official training sessions start in January, but I've been exercising consistently (about 5 times a week), so the start of training shouldn't be too difficult.

Well, that's it for now. Off to watch some football and then head to church for Christmas program rehearsal.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Melanie said...

Congratulations, Maryna & Garrett!!

Stefunkc said...

Woo-Hoo! Another half runner in the family. Welcome to the insanity! I have to run 4, 5, 5, 9 this week. That's 23 miles total! Yikes! Shawn runs his half this Sunday. We're going to be the best in shape family around!

Margaret Glyn said...

I was so happy to read about the special time for your family. Welcome, Maryna and Garrett to the family with last name Christian!
I am proud of you, melissa, for training for the marathon--just be careful and take care of yourself--no shin splints, etc. I, too, am excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas! Love, Grandma