So, I just read my sister's blog and she made me cry. What an amazing post about being thankful for ALL things in our lives whether good or not. As my mom always said, "God is still in control." It seems that over the past few years I've had to remind myself of that very fact. God was still in control when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, God was still in control when my parents moved away, God was still in control when I blew out my knee and had to have surgery, God was still in control when my son had a fainting incident and we had to run tests to find out what was wrong. In all things, good or bad, I'm thankful to know that God is still in control and He doesn't leave the "control" in our hands. This is what I am thankful for today. God's timing. God's love. God's patience. God's grace. God's mercy. God's control.
What are you thankful for?
Psalm 107:1
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Can you even imagine how full a Grandma's (and Gigi's) heart and eyes are after reading your posting? I am so grateful for God's care and activity in my life in all circumstances, including the death of the two grandpas of your with whom I shared my heart, my home and my life. I am sorry that you never knew Grandpa Emery and that he knew none of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren--except from Heaven! It is bittersweet to realize that some of the family is not with us during the holiday season--but that hurt is in the hands of my loving Lord! I wish you "enough". (See my comment on Melanie's blog)
How precious Melissa and we are so thankful for you and your precious family! All our love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment