Monday, October 6, 2008

Children

There are many times as a parent when all you can do is thank Him for your children and their innocence. Yesterday morning at church we were observing communion. As the plate passed with the "bread," Garrett leaned over to me and said "Mom, why can't I have one?" I told him we would talk about it after church. So, on our way home after church we had the discussion about communion and baptism. Garrett said, "Wow, I was wondering about that and didn't know what I needed to do to be baptized." So, long story short, Brad is going to talk with his dad about having both kids baptized. It was such an amazing conversation and I truly appreciate the innocence of our children. As I was talking with Karen (my mother-in-law) last evening, she indicated how excited she was but also realized that Dennis (my father-in-law) will have a very difficult time getting through this. I don't know yet what Sunday this will take place but will keep you updated. Please continue to pray for our kids as they go through this exciting time in their lives and pray that Brad and I can be good examples for our kids and be there to answer all their questions.

1 comment:

Margaret Glyn said...

What a precious posting! Keep us informed. It is wonderful to know the children are sensitive to God's voice and are being obedient to Him! Love to all, Gigi