Ok, so it's the time of year where leaves begin to change (and in Indiana, boy do they change), there's a light crisp in the air, football season is just going strong and soccer season is ending. I am so conflicted about how I feel when it comes to the fall season.
The good:
The colors (visit http://www.in.gov/visitindiana/leafcam/index.asp to see the changing leaves in Indiana), the smells (like good food - the stick to your ribs kind), football, Thanksgiving (my 2nd favorite holiday only to Christmas)
The bad:
Winter is just around the corner which means snow, ice and lots of heavy layering. The sun seems to disappear and so does the green grass.
So, you see my conflict. I love the true sense of fall but dread what fall brings...winter. I must say, though, usually Indiana starts getting cold around the end of September. Believe it or not, the high today (and for the past several days) is supposed to be 85!!! Woo hoo!!! I love it! I did see the extended forecast and fall is just around the corner. We will go from a high of 85 today to a high of 58 on Saturday (or maybe the meterologist had a dislexic moment and just flip-flopped the numbers...doubt it).
As I mentioned earlier, one of my favorite things about fall is the AWESOME food. The smells of breads, stews, roasts, etc are so exciting. Those on low-carb diets are probably cringing right now. I know many of you are great cooks and would love for you to share some of your favorite recipes. I'm always looking for new options. I too will try to post some of my favorites.
Happy cooking and eating :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi, Honey. The cold front just came through central Oklahoma--along with a little rain. Wish I could see Indiana at this time of year--and share some of your wonderful food. Stephanie's blog today is about food, too. What is with you girls? Love always
Post a Comment