Thanksgiving verse:
I Thess. 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
What I am thankful for:
So as I was thinking this morning about my Thanksgiving post, I couldn't help but think about my grandparents. My life has been blessed by Godly grandparents and each is special in their own way.
Grandma Dawson: An amazing woman. Our family has joked that even if Grandma lost half her brain she would still be more brilliant than any of us. I hope that I have inherited even a quarter of her brain. She is also a pillar of STRENGTH. As I hear stories about what Grandma has accomplished throughout her life and all she has survived, I am amazed with her strength. She is a loving, strong, beautiful, caring woman who loves God and her family in a manner that amazes most everyone.
Grandpa Dawson: As I think back on my Grandpa Dawson, the first word that comes to my mind is CARING. This was a very loving man. Not only did he love his family, but the love he showed for my Grandma was amazing. It was the little things he did (like not letting her run the vacuum cleaner)to show his love that spoke more than words. Tears are brought to my eyes as I remember him. He was strength for my Grandma when she needed it most. He was a hero to his grandchildren, a father to his children and step-children and an example of a Godly man to all.
Grandma Fisher: A very loving woman. Everything my grandmother ever did was out of love. The more time I spent with her (especially in my adult years), the more I respected her. As a child she was strict in her actions, but those actions always were followed with love. She wanted all of her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren to do one thing - LOVE the Lord. My graduation gift from her was a new Bible and I still use it to this day. Inside the front cover her verse to me was II Timothy 2:15 "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needn't not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." She studied her Bible every day and drew closer to God and hoped that her family would do the same. When she passed, the greatest gift I received was her Bible.
Grandpa Fisher: Grandpa Fisher reminds me of a large teddy bear. While large in stature, he was a softy inside :) I only wish that my children would have been able to meet him and experience the TENDERNESS he displayed. A man of God, he preached most of his life and desired all to come to know the Lord. My father is a replica in my mind of my grandfather. Loving men of God who demonstrated the love and tenderness I only imaging Jesus Christ demonstrated while on this earth.
All of my grandparents were/are Godly individuals. For those who have already gone to heaven and for the one who has not, I know that each one will hear the same thing when they stand in front of the Lord: WELL DONE MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.
For this I am thankful.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
As you might know, reading your precious post this morning brought me to tears--filled with thanksgiving and love for each of you! May this be an especially blessed season for each of you. Thank you for all your caring and concern. I love each of you dearly and pray God's best in your lives!
Post a Comment