So the past week has been CRAZY!!! Both Maryna and Garrett had soccer games last Tuesday (of course in 2 completely different locations). Wednesday, Maryna was supposed to have her school track meet but it was rained out. That evening, we had our AWANA awards night at church. Both kids did extremely well, but Maryna had to use the front pew to hold all of her awards :)
Thursday was Maryna's large track meet (between the intermediate schools). She competed in the 100 m, the 4x100 m relay and the high jump. Her relay team placed 2nd, she took 2nd in the 100 m and still not sure about the high jump (although she did not have her best night at this event). It was a fun evening and the weather was perfect.

Friday, I took off work to get stuff done around the house, go grocery shopping, prepare for the half marathon and prepare for mom to arrive. Mom flew in really late Friday night (thanks to Ben for picking her up). Saturday morning was my race. I was very concerned about the weather as they had predicted severe thunderstorms that morning, but we didn't get any rain (couple of drops at the finish line). The weather was great (albeit a little humid) and I was so glad to complete it. Several have asked how the race went. I wanted to finish under 2:15 and finished at 2:11. I was happy with that time considering I was fighting leg cramps in my right calf starting at mile 6 and this course is EXTREMELY hilly. I know that if I didn't have those issues, I could have knocked at least 5 minutes off of my time. 


Maryna's game Saturday evening was cancelled as fields were under water. Sunday, we went to church and then both kids had soccer games (1:00 and 3:00) and then Brad and I played an outdoor soccer game at 6:00. 

I was glad my mom got to see the kids play while she was here. She flew out Monday morning (thanks again to Ben for taking her). As you can see, we had a very busy but very enjoyable time. Garrett has his school track meet tonight so we are excited to see how he does. The weather is perfect.


1 comment:
Oh. My. Word. Your time is amazing! Girl!! You flew!! What an accomplishment. And what talented children you are raising:)
Post a Comment