Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Half marathon this weekend

I cannot believe the time has come for me to go out and run 13.1 miles (this Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m.). I have to admit that I am quite freaked out about this. I dreamt Sunday evening that I was so slow, the courtesy van had to pick me up and take me to the finish line. Needless to say, I woke up in a bit of a bad mood on Monday. Then I hear the updated forcast for this weekend....rain on Saturday. And not just scattered sprinkles. They are forcasting rain with chance of thunderstorms. Can I tell you how much I HATE being out in the rain? I don't want my clothes to get wet (unless it's from sweat) nor do I want my shoes to be squishy (yes, I said squishy). But, I know I have trained for this day...I think.

Now my focus is getting my clothes figured out and loading my iPod. If you have any suggestions for what songs to load onto my iPod, let me know.

If not, please just pray that I make it through this.

Hebrews 12:1 (NASB)
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

You will do a great job! I know you'll blow my time out of the water! Don't worry, you have trained and you will be amazing. You gave me some amazing ideas for my running list but I did get a few other good ones. Go check out my running list.
http://adayinthelifeofacrazedmom.blogspot.com/2009/01/running-playlist.html