Both kids had games last weekend and Garrett finished up his season on Sunday with a tournament (they went 2-2 for the weekend). Maryna still has 3 more games until her season is done.
Yesterday was awards day at school. Of course, I wished I could've cloned myself as Maryna's awards program started at 8:30 and Garrett's at 9:15 at 2 different schools. So, I stayed until 9:30 at Maryna's and then headed to Garrett's. Both kids won the Presidential Gold academic award (based on ISTEP tests and grades - the highest honor). I was very proud.
Now the kids are on summer break. They were at home with their dad today and as of an hour ago, they were already complaining of being bored. I suggested that Brad take them to the library to check out a book and Garrett's response was, "Well, that doesn't sound like any fun." I had to laugh. We will need to figure out some activities to keep them occupied this summer.


No comments:
Post a Comment