So I have been so inspired by other bloggers who plan their meals one month in advance that I started doing this back in March. Prior to my first monthly meal, I would plan my meals a week at a time and then grocery shop for that week. It worked pretty well, but found myself struggling each week to come up with new or different meal options for each week. When I lay it out a month in advance I find that I'm more organized and we don't seem to have spaghetti or pizza every other day. I take my meal inspirations from many different sources: my cousin, my family recipes, other bloggers, etc. Also, any time I see or hear of a new recipe, I add it to my binder of keepsake recipes and try to work it into my list.
Today, I finalized my May menu. With all of our craziness this month (soccer, track for both kidsy, my half marathon, etc), I tried to make sure that the nights that are the busiest have some of the simplest recipes. What are we eating this month you might ask? Here are just some of the meals for the upcoming month:
Crockpot BBQ chicken and cornbread
Pulled pork sandwiches
Italian beef sandwiches
Pasta bar (night before my half marathon)
Chicken enchiladas
Hamburgers on the grill (a must for Memorial Day)
I'm interested to hear what you might have on your menu. Feel free to share your recipes and happy eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Why don't you just give us your whole meal plan and grocery list? That would make my month of planning much easier!!!:)
I'm happy to share it if you want. Just let me know.
Post a Comment