Last week my kids were on spring break. I decided to take the entire week off and spend time with them (or at least be at home so they can play with their friends). We had a fun and relaxing week. Monday and Tuesday we were in Cincinnati at the Great Wolf Lodge. Of course, i forgot my camera so if you want to see what's a Great Wolf check out their website http://www.greatwolf.com/. We had a really good time.
Wednesday consisted of cleaning out closets (not fun, but necessary) and then the kids spent most of the rest of the day enjoying the beautiful weather outside.
Thursday the kids once again spent most of their time outside. I tried to accomplish one larger task per day, so on Thursday I cleaned out my fridge and freezer - once again, not fun but necessary.
Friday was a gloomy day. I went to the grocery store in the morning and then the kids and I dyed Easter eggs when I got home. That afternoon, Maryna and I went clothes shopping while Garrett spent the afternoon with his dad.
Saturday, another beautiful day, consisted of cleaning the house, making cinnamon rolls for Easter Sunday breakfast at church, Easter program rehearsal at church and then to the movies with Uncle Ben in the evening. Fun, but busy.
Sunday, Easter Sunday. Need I say more? It was a great day. Went to church and then spent time with Brad's family. Kids had a scavenger hunt that resulted in $10 each and 8 boxes each of different snacks (goldfish, Teddy Grahams, etc).
After we got home, Brad and the kids played outside while I went for a 7 mile run. I had been nervous all week about this run as it's the longest distance I've had to do so far. When I finished, I was pleasantly surprised not only at my time (65.58) but how relaxed I felt. Yes, I was tired but not exhausted. Gives me a little hope for the race which is in 5 weeks (YIKES!!!)
So, as you can see, we had a great week. I loved relaxing, working on NO schedule and just spending time with the family. Now that we are back to reality, the relaxation is out the door (6 kids soccer games in 4 days). Oh well, I truely enjoy every minute.


2 comments:
Woo-Hoo! 7 miles! You're on your way!
Loved your spring break account! So glad for good family times! The cinnamon rolls look asesome! Blessings
Post a Comment