Monday, April 27, 2009

Soccer weekend

So, both kids had soccer tournaments this weekend in Ohio. However, Maryna's tournament was in Cincinnati and Garrett's was in Columbus. Therefore, Brad ended up taking Maryna and I took Garrett. I have decided that it is a lot more fun when all 4 of us are at one tournament as opposed to being split between 2. The weather was beautiful and I know Garrett's team had a really good time (I think Maryna's did as well). Neither of the kids' teams did very well in the tournament, however, my kids individually performed great. Final count...Maryna had 2 goals and Garrett had 4 goals. Maryna's 2 goals were corner kicks that she bent into the net. Two of Garrett's 4 goals were from cutting around multiple defenders for shots and the other 2 were from outrunning the defense and taking the keep 1 on 1. Great work from both kids. Since I couldn't clone myself and my camera, I only have pictures to share from Garrett's weekend.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Melanie said...

Great job guys!

Fisher Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fisher Family said...

Great job Maryna and Garrett. We are so proud of you and love you! I can't wait to see you play in a couple of weeks!