Friday, February 6, 2009

Have/Have not

My cousin Stephanie sent me this "game" so I figured I'd do my duty and participate.

Instructions and explanation from Stephanie:
Did you ever play that game with the Sweet 'n Low packets at a restaurant? "I have gone skydiving. Have you?"For everyone that had, they threw a sugar packet into the center. The first person out of packets won the game.Why am I telling you this?Ummmm.....Oh yes!I've been tagged by my amazing friend and fellow Angel, Renee to play the virtual game of Have/Have not. In hers she bolded the things that she had done with no explanations. I'm just too much of a loud mouth to not explain at least a few of them! I'll be putting asterisks next to the things I've done.So bear with me.

Here we go!
*1. Started your own blog-OBVIOUSLY
*2. Slept under the stars - in Brazil, on the beach while laying in a hammock
*3. Played in a band- in 6th grade
4. Visited Hawaii-a place I would love to visit some day
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
*7. Been to Disneyworld-many times, however, didn't go for the first time until I was in my late 20's
*8. Climbed a mountain-Pikes Peak during a school trip
9. Held a praying mantis-didn't hold one, but killed one.
*10. Sang a solo-many times in church
11. Bungee jumped - would love to try
12. Visited Paris
*13. Watched a lightning storm-not by choice. I hate storms.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child-no, but if I ever want more children, this is the way I'll have to do it
*16. Had food poisoning - yes, and it's miserable
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
*18. Grown your own vegetables-herbs.... - love doing this.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
*21. Had a pillow fight - hasn't everyone?
22. Hitch hiked-Never. People are not trustworthy.
*23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill-hasn't everyone?
24. Built a snow fort - not me, but my son just did this week.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping-always afraid I'd get caught.
27. Run a Marathon (or HALF!)-Not yet. My first half is going to be on May 16.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
*29. Seen a total eclipse-yes, we saw one while in Brazil
*30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run-nope, don't like baseball.
32. Been on a cruise-Not yet, but my family has talked about taking one
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - not Niagara but Iguasu falls in Brazil
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors-Don't know.
*35. Seen an Amish community - Yes. We live near many.
*36. Taught yourself a new language - didn't teach myself per say, but was bilingual at age 2.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-We are getting there. Although, we always want more, don't we?
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing-No, but would love to.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
*41. Sung karaoke-while in college
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa-No, but my sister lived there for a couple of years.
*45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - many times.
*46. Been transported in an ambulance-twice
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
*52. Kissed in the rain
*53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class-not officially.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen-No, but have thought many times that I'd like to do this.
*61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies-when I was in elementary school
*62. Gone whale watching - watched a whale be hauled in after being captured. I've also eaten whale so I guess I watched it.
63. Got flowers for no reason - are you serious???? My husband isn't that creative
*64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma-Yes several times.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
*67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter-would love to.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial-No, but want to go to DC some time.
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt-nope. That would require sewing.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - NEVER
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
*77. Broken a bone-first time when I was 30 after a car accident.
*78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-yes, my husband doesn't know what speed limit signs are for
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-One of the many places I want to visit
80. Published a book-no, but would love to do a cookbook some day
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car-all my cars have been used, but Brad bought one.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
*84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
86. Visited the White House-One thing I want to do when visiting DC
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating-No, that job is for other people. I'll cook it, but won't kill it.
*88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury-not yet
*91. Met someone famous - several including Payton Manning, Dallas Clark, and several other Indainapolis Colts players; several Pacer players; many Indiana Fever players; Robin Roberts from Good Morning America
92. Joined a book club
*93. Lost a loved one-too many
*94. Had a baby-2
*95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
*97. Been involved in a law suit
*98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - and hope never to experience it.
*100-Gotten married-almost 13 years ago

Ok, I've answered my questions. How many can you answer?

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

Love it! Actually learned a few things:)

I'm family...am I invited on the cruise?!?!?