Friday, August 6, 2010

What's for dinner?

Over the past year I have really gotten into doing my menus 1 month at a time. This helps me plan out my grocery lists as well as helping me keep things organized since we have so many activities going on. I've also been able to make multiples of meals and freeze them for later use. While in Oklahoma this past week visiting my family, my sister (Melanie) told me and my sister-in-law (Karri) that she and a couple of her friends do freezer meal swaps. In other words, they each make multiples of 1 dish then exchange them so that they each have 1 of each others dishes. So, if Mel makes 5 of one type of dish, she comes home with 5 different dishes to put in her freezer. Karri decided that she and I needed to do this, so we each made our list of what we want the other one to make and are doing our exchange this weekend.
I'm making: white chicken chili, stroganoff and chicken enchiladas.
Karri is making: lasagna, meatloaf and beef and noodles.
I'm excited to see how this works and if successful, we'll do this every month.
If you have any good recipe ideas, feel free to post them here.

No comments: