Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September menu

Several months ago (March to be exact), I started planning my menu for the entire month. I did this because I found myself cooking the same thing every week and couldn't come up with new ideas for dinner. I have loved the monthly planning and have done some freezer meals that I can use as needed. So, for those who are interested, here's our monthly menu for September:

1 - Baked chicken and rice
2 - Roast
3 - leftovers
4 - pizza
5 - Chicken and noodles (Indiana style)
6 - sandwiches or leftovers (possibly french dip subs)
7 - Labor Day Cookout: spicy honey chicken, grilled corn on the cob
8 - meatloaf pie
9 - hot dogs, mac and cheese (AWANA starts so need something quick)
10 - crockpot rotisserie chicken
11 - loaded tostada bar
12 - pizza
13 - sandwiches or leftovers
14 - crockpot orange chicken
15 - spaghetti
16 - pizza (AWANA night)
17 - chicken tortilla chip casserole
18 - leftovers
19 - beef enchiladas
20 - hamburgers
21 - lasagne
22 - Grilled chicken, beans and rice
23 - leftovers (AWANA night)
24 - chicken and chilis casserole
25 - beef stew
26 - chicken fajitas
27 - sandwiches or leftovers
28 - beef stroganoff
29 - BBQ bacon cheddar chicken (Garrett's favorite)
30 - Parmesan/paprika pork chops
31 - Mexican cornbread casserole

As you can see, I love anything that is remotely Mexican. Also, Sunday evenings are "grab what you can find" night and Wednesdays are "what can we make ahead or make really quick" night due to AWANA. Now that my meals are planned, I need to see what coupons I can clip to help save on groceries for this menu.

No comments: