Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Family blogs

I mentioned last time that my sister was my inspiration to do this blog, but I must admit, following other family and friend blogs has been a blast. I realized that this is such an easy way to keep in touch with everyone. I have been scolded by family and friends (not mentioning names) about not sending updates on the family or pictures. Well, now there are no excuses. This blog is the opportunity to keep everyone informed, it's just their responsibility to do some reading. Woo hoo, I love when the final responsibility falls on others :)

This past weekend was quite crazy. I had to work all day Saturday at an event sponsored by our hospital, so Brad go to be the taxi - FINALLY! Although, at times I feel like it can be more work on my end when he's responsible. Needless to say, I received several phone calls (after I'd already given instructions accordingly to all 3) about what color jersey to wear, should we take a snack with us, what times are Garrett's games, what's the field number and where are the directions (which Brad saw me print that morning and put up on our ledge). All worked out fine and everyone got to where they needed to go. Unfortunately, Garrett's team lost their first and only game of the regular season.

Sunday was almost as hectic, however, I was in charge of getting everyone to where they needed to go...so of course all went fine. I got up Sunday morning, made sure Maryna's jersey was clean, made sack lunches for all 4 of us (and of course everyone wants something different) and made sure everyone was ready for church but had the appropriate clothes for after as we were heading straight to Maryna's game. Right after church we drove an hour south for Maryna to play in the final regular season game which they won 2-0.
(Finally, here's picture of Maryna playing)

Both kids have a tournament in October and then the fall season will be done. It has been a little strange this season to not coach the high school team, but I have so enjoyed watching my kids play. The coach in me, however, sometimes shows its ugly head and I want to do the coaching from the parent's sidelines (refs don't really appreciate it I must say). I'm getting better.

Brad and I both played 2 games on Sunday (1 outdoor with 40 minute halves and no subs and 1 indoor which my team had no subs). Needless to say, I was exhausted once Sunday was over.

I got to stay home from work yesterday to comp my time from Saturday. However, I did have to go to the hospital for an hour to escort same players from the Indiana Fever (WNBA team). They were going to our pediatric unit to say hi to the kids and families. Here is a picture from that...so cute!

Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

I love it when the dad's get to walk a little while in our shoes!