Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday time

So, I'm taking a break from the monthly menu list that I usually post....mostly because these next few months are so crazy and we are out of town a lot so things are bound to change on a regular basis.
As I look forward to one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving, I get so excited thinking about the food that comes with this time of year. I think that's why I love Thanksgiving so much. It's about the food, family and fun more than about who bought what person that gift. There's a lot less stress and it's just a time to be together.
With that being said, though, there is some stress involved for those who do the cooking and baking. I really try to bake my holiday goodies ahead of time so I have them for meals, parties, holidays, gifts, etc. Besides, baking like that is a better air freshener than any jarred candle :)
In the next few weeks, I am going to try and start my holiday baking. I'm still formulating my list. I hope to post the items here as I make them with accompanying recipes (if time allows). But, as I'm putting my list together, I'd love to hear what some of your favorite holiday goodies are (i.e. cookies, breads, candies, etc). Feel free to share the recipe as well.
Happy baking to all!

No comments: