What an exciting time of year. Not only do we have the normal hustle of the holidays, but some additional excitement has been added into the mix. First, my sister and brother-in-law are in the process of adopting 3 children from Africa. While the process is not going as quickly as they hoped, we are praying that the adoption is successful.
Second, my brother is engaged! He is set to marry Karri Morgan on February 6, 2010 here in Indianapolis. We are so excited for them and not only will I be getting another sister but an additional niece and nephew - Macy and Dawson. It has been so much fun working with them on their wedding plans. I cannot believe it is less than 2 months until the big day. It is going to be so much fun.
For my immediate family, it is a busy time. Maryna made the school basketball team so she has practice every day after school. She is still having indoor soccer training once a week and has ODP (Olympic Development Program) training for soccer once a month. She has also been playing on an indoor soccer team so her weeks and weekends are CRAZY busy. Garrett is also doing indoor training and an indoor soccer league. I feel like a taxi driver most of the time. Garrett's new adventure is that he has decided to run the half marathon with me this year in May. He used some of his birthday money to buy some good running shoes and we have been going on short runs every week. Brad is busier than he has been in a long time. I think he is really excited to see his business continue to grow. This is the first time in a LONG time that I've heard him say he is excited for the holidays because he doesn't have the stress of previous years.
We plan to have my family over on Christmas Day. Mom and Dad are scheduled to arrive at my house on Christmas Day and Ben and Karri and the kids will come over that evening for a big dinner. Christmas Eve will be spend with Brad's family for our traditional Christmas Eve service at church and then presents afterward. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until Christmas. I am looking forward to a great time.
Merry Christmas to all!


2 comments:
We are counting the days. Can't wait to see you all. Love, Mom
I am so glad I thought to check your blog this morning! It puts a sparkle in the beginning of my day as I think of all that is happening with you and remembering the WONDERFUL time I shared with you last year! We had a wonderful time Sunday having a little "McReynolds-Fisher" Christmas. Love to all and many blessings, Grandma, Gigi
Post a Comment